Sunday, October 29, 2006

Get Ur Travel On

I despise it when people spell 'your' 'ur'. For those of you who don't know, 'Ur' was an ancient Sumerian city located near what is now Basrah, Iraq. Gah.

Rant over.


The natives are on the move. Make that the foreigners; the foreigners are on the move. Ooooh yeah.

Jo departed on Tuesday for two weeks in Thailand. From the emails, it sounds like she's having a great time! Perhaps we could have a little "Jo in Thailand" foreign correspondent segment for the ol' TIJ.com

I miss her. Lots. :(


Rob left early Friday morning for his first trip home in almost a year and a half; I certainly hope he has eaten his own bodyweight in pizza by now - anything less is utter failure. ;)


As for yours truly, the limit on travel right now seems to be set by how much money I can make and how many days off I can get. The plans right now include Tokyo for New Year and Hiroshima either before or after, and - I hope I hope I hope - Sendai and maybe even Kyoto again too next month. We'll see how the "fundraising" goes.

Add the Mogwai show on the ninth, which I still need to get a shift-swap for, and we get a very busy month. Maybe I should get some sleep...

Gambatte.
t.i.j.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger re:becca said...

Just read ur blog....

;)

miss u.

b.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger re:becca said...

u forgot to send me ur gf's pictures from thailand!

hehe.

sorry...couldn't resist! but do send Jo's pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home