Thursday, March 09, 2006

Music Update

Spent most of the afternoon in Inuyama with Iain again, working on yet more music. The good news is that Iain's newest song pretty much rocks the earth. Which is pretty dangerous in Japan.

Anyway, yeah, we're still in the "working" stage; though we need to be in the "gigging" stage by next Tuesday, so that we can play our first gig. Should be fun, at Kei's bar, La Kalavera, in Inuyama. A bunch of folks will be coming up to watch us play, and hopefully they won't be disappointed. We've got a good blend of covers and originals, and some of the covers are obscure enough that we'll need to tell folks that they're not ours. So. Yeah, I need to go work on lyrics some more. My song, "And The Horse You Rode In On", is sounding a lot like something like Wes Burdine might write if he were stuck in Japan, or something I would write if I listened to more Johnny Cash than I do. Oh well. Maybe I'll include something about pirates, that should help; or maybe Chesterton references. Or Palahniuk references. Could be good. But I digress.

My weekends have been recently expanded, due to shift adjustments by the higher-ups. My boss called me about three weeks ago while I was working one of my "help shifts" (classes at another branch). He asked what I was doing, since that day was my day off. I told him no, that was NOT my day off; and in fact, he'd obviously tracked me down, since I wasn't at my usual branch. Odd. Anyway, he was wondering if I could slide my Thursday classes from 1:20-5:40 to 5-9pm. In return, they'd offer me an extra 5000 yen/month.

Um, so what you're offering is to expand my weekend to two and a half days, and pay me more for it? Well, gee, yeah, I think that might work. Possibly. Since the paperwork's already in. Whatever.

So tomorrow is practice/clean/shopping/then off to work day. Should be interesting.

In weather news - don't hate me - it's been in the upper 50s/low 60s for the last few days, and I have been loving it. I'm still planning to get out on some photo expeditions, but recent musical endeavors have been occupying most of my free weekends. I wish I had my camera just about every time I come up out of the subway station near my flat: from the outer steps, one can see the JR Towers, the new Toyota headquarters building, and sometimes even the Shinkansen bulleting by in the foreground. Either day or night, it's a pretty cool view; very Nagoya.

Anyway, it's getting late and I need my beauty sleep. Being a rockstar is hard.

right,
t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home