Thursday, February 16, 2006

Explanation

Okay, so I feel I owe you all an explanation for my long absense: the internet is not happy with me or my collected group of apathy. Or,

About a week before I moved to my new apartment, NTT suddenly cut off my internet. And VERY suddenly: I finished downloading MSN messenger to keep in touch with a friend of mine in Tokyo, and when I went to launch it - nothing. No internet. So I waited for my computer genius roommate to get home, when we discovered that it was, in fact, dead. So we called up NTT in the morning, were given the run-around in two different languages, and decided to try the next day. Long story short: NTT holds that we failed to pay our September bill on time, and, instead of sending us, say, warnings, they just cut off our 'net.

So. Devin finally got them to reconnect our internet, which requires them to: give us a new number (which he finally talked them out of), give us a new address (maybe portal address?), and send a new modem. Y'know, to replace THE PERFECTLY FINE ONE ALREADY CONNECTED TO THE PHONE JACK! Seriously, for a nation lauded for technological advancements, Japanese companies have the flexibilty of Lake Superior freighter.

So then I moved to my wonderful new cellbloc- er, apartment, and we still don't have internet. Rob has promised that it should be arriving within the next two weeks or so, so I shouldn't be out-of-touch for too much longer.

Apparently there is some form of Olympic event going on. So I hear.

Anyway, news is forthcoming, including new photos, band info, and Osaka stories. Stay tuned.

Peace,
t-i-j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home