Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Update, Part 2

Regarding my last post: yes, I've acquired a guitar. And yes, I play it while watching sumo on TV.

The guitar was my big purchase of Oct/Nov, since I hadn't done much traveling; went to Osu Kannon and found it in a used music shop for 3800 yen. Not a bad little acoustic guitar, fun to jam around on, and re-pick up all those songs I used to know, and even a few new ones! Suddenly, the old dream of becoming a Rock Star is reborn...

I made the mistake of telling a guy at my local that I'd picked it up, so now he's hounding me to write some songs and PLAY there ("C'mon man, I used to OWN this place! You can play here no problem!"). I told him I need to practice a bit first.

My other purchase that night in Osu was an old copy of "Fletch Lives" on Japanese VHS. I figured, heck, we've got a VCR, and Alwyn really needs to experience more American culture before he heads back to New Zealand. My other justification was it only cost 100 yen, or 90 cents US. Ahh, cheap entertainment.

"Fletch Lives" reminds me of my friend Rebecca back home, who is a big fan of the Fletch movies. And who, if she reads this, NEEDS TO COME VISIT. Playing old songs on the guitar reminds me a bit of Melissa.

Hmm, the differences a year makes. "Discuss amongst yourselves. Not too seriously."


More to come, stay tuned...

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger niche said...

dude we should like totally jam or something, start a proper indie scene in this vaccuous city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home