Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Weather

Hey all,

Well, I think I'm going to sleep well tonight: according to the thermometer on my alarm clock (yes, that IS weird) it's finally below 80 degrees F. For about the first time in over a month. And even before 2am! It's been a long hot spell: over 30C/88F every day for the past 25 days! But it looks like that is going to end soon. Probably because we have two typhoons (i.e. hurricanes) on the way.

And because of these impending typhoons, my trip to climb Mt. Fuji on Tuesday is almost certainly cancelled. I'm pretty bummed about this; I was to go with some good mates, and the "climbing season" for Fuji is only July and August. So unless I stay beyond the end of my one-year contract, it doesn't look like I'm going to able to climb Mt. Fuji. Boo.

The rain has started already: I left my window open Friday night in order to get the nice cool breeze in my room, and woke up Saturday morning to rain blowing through the window onto my face. Oh, what a wake-up. And on a Saturday too. Brilliant.

Hope your weekend was a blast; I'll update again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home