Sunday, July 03, 2005

Long overdue


Well folks, I'm back.

After a too-long hiatus, I finally have internet access and time to update the blog. Well, somewhat. Anyway, yes; here's the skinny:
I'm here in Nagoya, and teaching conversational English five days a week.

I'm sharing a flat with two other guys: Devin, an American originally from the Cities, and who attended Hamline College, just down the road from Bethel; and Alwyn, a Kiwi from Auckland, who knows approximately every single foreigner and crazy Japanese person in Nagoya. They keep life pretty exciting, and make for good company out on the balcony.

Our flat is pretty small...but then again, so is everything in Japan! We've got everything we need though: a PS2, a refridgerator, and an air conditioner. =)

Teaching is pretty easy; I'm definitely getting into the swing of things, and the staff - the teachers and the Japanese staff - are really nice.

I've recently acquired a suit and a cellphone, thus making me the epitome of everything I stood against in the US - a Suit. I try to make up for it by promising myself to go to every overpriced rock concert in the Nagoya area for the next year. =)

Well, back to the grind; I need to hit the sack so I can actually get some sleep before work tomorrow morning!

Blessings all,
Thom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home