Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Weather 2

Well, the latest from Nagoya is my trip to climb Mt. Fuji has been cancelled. Sad. The REASON for the cancellation is pretty funny: there are not one, but TWO typhoons heading for Japan. Yes, my mountain-climbing expedition has been called on account of hurricanes. I bet Sir Edmund Hillary never had this problem. =)

So instead of heading towards Tokyo, I'll be heading to the World Expo 2005 about 25 minutes away. The Expo has been the topic of many conversations with students all summer long; and I've been wanting to go, but haven't had a chance. So hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit tomorrow, so I can see all the latest in Japanese technology, and maybe even foreign pavilions as well!

Sweet, more pics on the way!

Peace,
thom

PS - Anyone know of a good photo hosting site? I'm hoping to be able to put up a bunch of photos, and as cool as Blogger is, it's not the best for large amounts of photos. But here's one anyway, just to tide you over. =)

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Odoroita said...

Hey, did the typhoon ever come your way? All of the teachers at my school kept warning me about it, and then it headed off into a different direction. We didn't even see rain in Kyoto.
-kana

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Thom said...

No, once again Nagoya was spared from the typhoon. I think it rained all of 20 minutes.

And to think we cancelled the Fuji trip for that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home