Saturday, June 10, 2006

One Year

Can you believe it?!?! It's now officially been one year since I first arrived in Osaka. It started with a fifty-year-old man wearing a hat that said "Bitchslap" in the Kansai airport on 9 June, 2005, and continued today with a Big Box o' "Placenta: For Your Good Health" in a local drugstore. What a long and crazy adventure it's been, and what prospects it still holds!

It still amazes me how fast a year can slip by, and yet how much can happen and how much things can change in such a short time. I'm excited to see what adventures will arise and what friends will accompany me on journeys; but still I'll miss the friends who won't be with me on these journeys. For all of the latter: you need to come out, I miss you and you won't regret it.

Tokyo: you and I need a rematch, our last meeting was much too short. Kyushu, don't think you'll escape unvisited. Sendai, I still need to come hang out. Shanghai, I'm comin' for you, too - by slow boat!

Okay, I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed. It's been a full year.

Peace.

This is my good side.


** Keep your eyes open for a "Japan1: The Best Of", coming soonish. **

2 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Incheon. You will be visiting me! hehe

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
xoxo
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home